Humanity and Human Nature...

A long long time ago I can still remember how that music used to make me smile. And I knew if I had my chance, that I could make those people dance and, maybe, they'd be happy for a while. But february made me shiver with every paper I'd deliver. Bad news on the doorstep;I couldn't take one more step.

The classic hit American Pie, whose lyrics are somewhat sad. The one thing I like about it is, the song never fails to remind me what a cold world I live in. The song tells the death of singers and assassinations of prominent politicians.

Take for example, Abraham Lincoln. He died by the hands of John Wilkes Booth, and John F.Kennedy whose murder case still has no verdict to date.

Why? Why do people kill each other? Whatever happened to humanity? Or is it just human nature that drives everyone to stab each other's backs? 

I can't say much for humanity, but I can attest to the fact that people, generally, would go to any lengths just to get ahead in life. I can't really say I blame them. After all, what are a few people who once considered you their friend when compared to the riches and luxury that you can attain by selling your soul, morals, ethics, beliefs, every bit of humanity in you and spinning falsehood about everyone just to get them into trouble?

Humanity is defined as the quality of being humane. Yet, all I see and ever get in this worthless life are people hurling insults at me, condemning me to hell every single minute of the day, trying to kill me, going out of their way to make life hell for me, stabbing me in my back, destroying my reputation, diluting my credibility and STILL, after all that, they EXPECT me to help them.

After all that I've seen, don't blame me, don't hold a grudge against me when I say that everyone's just a filthy hypocrite who praises the lord, but just as well worships the devil. So, God, if you do exist...what's happened to this world you created? Why is it now overrun with swines and incompetent fools who will not stop to look into a mirror?

No comments: