Change...


Some nights I close my eyes and I dream of you.
Though you’re no longer here, I miss you, I do.
Then I wake up and start to feel blue
Because the love we had…it just seemed so true.

Not a day goes by I don’t feel guilty
For straying on you, my love.
Though all I can do is curse God for this cruelty
That you are watching over me from up above.

Alas, I seek your forgiveness this time.
For I have but found a glimmer of the joy we once had.
I beg you free me from my bind and not see this as a crime.
Also, I pray you won’t be sad.

I still remember our little strolls in the park;
Of promises we made to each other.
I’ll cherish our kisses in the dark
 And someday soon, I pray we’ll be together.

For now, I think I’ve fallen for her.
In so many ways, she does remind me of you.
Perhaps now’s not the time to say either,
But this feeling sticks to me like glue.

Everything about her describes a saint.
Her caring nature,
Her loyal stature,
It all seems so quaint.

She makes me want to fill a thousand pages full of rhymes.
To be a poet of romantic lines,
To encase her beauty in time,
With words none too sublime.

She’s different in one way you won’t believe
She makes me want to change for the better and to strive.
Not in a way that would deceive
No, she makes me want to be the man that she deserves in life.

No comments: