Insomnia...

Oh, I love thee.
Being by your side,
It's a feeling so free;
If only you'll be my bride.

Oh, no longer do I feel the pain,
Neither that of sorrow.
Gone is my disdain;
Now, I long for tomorrow.

You're the rose that's in my heart,
A song that will never end;
Oh, say that we're never to part,
With you, I can feel myself mend.

Now the sappy shit is out of the way,
Let me honestly say,
Stop asking why I like you,
You won't believe me even if I said it's all true.

I can feel us drifting apart,
You can say it's all in my head.
All I know is I feel like a frozen, expired tart
Cold, numb, and left for dead.

It's not the 2am insecurities
Nor the late night calls
Those, I can handle even with meningitis;
It's when the boot falls.

When we're not talking,
When silence is in every rhyme and verse,
I get to thinking,
I've finally outlived my purpose


No comments: