Untitled...

I had the sweetest dream the other day.
You and me, we were on our way;
A romantic evening at a matinee;
And your beauty took my breath away.

Then my phone rang.
In that instant, my heart sank.
Because I had awoken, dang!
And you were angrier than a Russian tank.

Yes, I was wrong.
I shouldn’t have gotten angry.
I should have comforted you or sang a song.
And for not doing so, I’m truly sorry.

Darling, dearest, you should know,
Even if it doesn’t show,
You mean everything to me
And moving on with you is all I can see.

It is true, my love,
By your side is where I want to be.
For better or for worse, here or in heaven up above,
Don’t scoff when I say you’re everything to me.

So please, I’m begging you,
Allow me to make amends and
Make all our plans come true,
However long it may take for us to mend.
Until the end of time,
I’ll prove I want us too.
Let me say I love you in verse and rhyme,
I love you.

No comments: