Words...

Words heard before,
Brought sadness to my very core.
Now heard once more,
From a girl I thus adore.

There we sat on a cool sandy shore
Talking as the sunset turned to sunrise
Too engrossed were we to realise
That we’d covered every story from days of yore.

You can still run for the hills, I said.
Down in the sand and on her back, she laid.
I could say the same to you.
She laughed and I realised it was true.

We now knew every detail about one another.
The good and the bad.
I am still here holding your hand
So, embrace the moment and be glad.

Mayhaps if we met earlier,
I’d be willing to trust her.
Mayhaps if I wasn’t broken either,
I’d make her happier.

I heard those words before,
She left and brought sadness to my core.
Now said once more,
From an angel I adore.

No comments: