Sorrow

As my dreaded alarm clock rang aloud, signaling the end of my peaceful slumber, I stole a glance at my calendar- 31st of May year 2009. In a little over a week; 8 days to be precise, something important will take place and nobody will remember it, nobody will celebrate it, nobody will care for it.

Even I don't know what the event is, for, I simply just crossed out that date on my calendar and conveniently forgot to add a footnote...I was hoping that the pretext of an important event would help me remember.

Casting that aside, I had set my alarm to wake me in time for a little midnight hunting. Loading up my Glock 21 and my trusty Benelli M4 Super 90 to the teeth with 9mm hollow points and 12 gauge buck shots, I was ready for my little hunting trip.

Leaving the house, I decided against driving to the hunting point since it was a little less than a mile away and so I decided to hoof it instead. During my walk, I found myself reflecting upon my past and how disappointing it was. There were times when I was a plain jerk; and that was almost all the time, times when I was obnoxious and repulsive. Oh, how I wish I could take back words and actions that were said and done in the past. A look up and a hard bang on a sign pole brought me back to reality..."YAUTCHZA!!! What in the blue blazes is this dratted sign doing here!" reading it, it said "State Game Land 42, Westmoreland County".

That sign had always been there ever since the first day I started hunting in this county and it was placed there by the very people who cared about others in case they got lost, the sign would give them their bearings but, I never noticed it until a second ago. I had been so engrossed in my thoughts that I never really noticed...but, when I think about it, we all pass by everyday taking others' care and concern for granted until it's gone then we long for it...but, once in a while, God has a tendency to grant us second chances.

Speaking of second chances, I hope my friends can find it in their heart to forgive me for my past wrongdoings and allow me a new beginning...but we all know nobody will forgive my past

No comments: