It's coming back...

It all started with claims and has now grown into a furore. Light shown down from the lamp post, illuminating my path as I walked. Ever so often my mind would slip back and forth between the present and the past and of how I come to be alone on this lonely night without the company of anyone except for the lone hawk perched up on top of a nearby traffic light.

As I neared the traffic light junction, a honk and a scream later, the hawk is gone and now I am standing on the corner of the street; all pain is now gone...taken away. The driver of the car then steps out and starts hurling insults. After approximately five volleys of insults thrown at me, he gets back into his vehicle and drives off into the night.

The next moment, I am in his car - sitting in his passenger seat. He can't see me, can't hear me, can't sense me...it's like I am a ghost to him; perhaps I am. A few traffic lights later, the same hawk I saw earlier swooped down and landed on an approaching lorry.

Too late...the lorry was hurtling towards a classic De Tomaso Pantera GTS at a speed of 150 miles an hour. Hours later the scene was crowded with policemen, paramedics, firemen and, standing on the corner of Stokes and Heaven, an angel - Grim. He had claimed two souls that night...the first in which he was a hawk and second as himself.

Nobody ever found the lorry or the cause of the Tomaso's crash and the reports were filled and the case was closed with the usual "SOLVED" stamped onto its file...never to be enquired again.

No comments: