It's always a question...

"Do good or do nothing at all. We'll die anyway. You sound like you wanna die young, but why?"

Those were the words of an acquaintance of mine in reply to a certain article I wrote some time back. The question in her statement was - why do I seem a little too eager to depart this world?

Now, in reply to her question, allow me this question. What is it in life that is worth living for?

Is life really worth all the effort we spend trying to make a name for ourselves? Is there anything in life that one would die for?

In fact, there are people dying every day of the week. There are those who die from knife wounds, gun shot wounds, vehicular manslaughter, or even, death by corrupt police officers. That list goes on for miles.

In case anyone got lost in my barrage of words, my point was and still is - with all the hell that the world is slowly becoming accustomed to, is it wrong for me to wish for an early escape?

Perhaps that wasn't an accurate answer. Well, what else would you expect from a sadistic, sarcastic, sardonic, cynic like me?

Maybe, you were expecting me to say that I am wishing for death because society shuns me; "friends" ostracise/alienate me; everyone goes out of their way to make life hell for me.

There! I said it. Is THAT good enough an answer to justify my desire for an escape?

No comments: