Despair...

Ever felt like you were drowned in sorrow and helplessness so deep that you couldn't see or breathe or feel anymore? It's like your whole body just went numb, your mind freezes over and you just can't think properly anymore.

It all began with a flight...and so ended with a flight.

-----Departure-----

Staring out of the glass panels of Senai International Airport, a sense of apprehension clouded me...suffocating me. In a little less than an hour, I'll be boarding a plane to the city of cats. I stood up and decided to walk around for a bit. 

Time seemed to pass just like fog over the horizon. Then came the time to journey to a new island...one that I've seen before, but like all memories, they fade with time.

-----Arrival-----

The first few days were pleasant. Everyone held a jubilant air about them. It was all too easy to get intoxicated in the euphoria and exultation to come. Half the time, it was either too noisy or just too quiet. Then, when the time came, everyone got into the rhythm and set the mood just right.

Then again, how often is it that you get to see relatives that you'd normally meet up with once in half a decade? Being there just made it all seem like a long lost memory...being played over again after having been kept for aeons in the back of my mind. 

-----Mid-trip-----

Like flowers bloom from a little bud into a graceful, beautiful flower...the city changed significantly since I was last there.

Although some people never did change, those who did, really caught my attention; with their fluency in language, grace, elegance and charm.

-----Last day-----

This day was really fun...a few reasons actually. One, there were lessons to be learned and two, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

The lessons were learned during classes with a mango tree...a couple of badminton racquets and squash racquets too.

-----Airport-----

There we all were, bidding each other farewell and exchanging well wishes and hopes for the future. 

Then after all the good byes had been said, it then turned to solitary waiting for flight number AK 5847. 

Loneliness sets in and sadness eats away at whatever feelings there are left.

-----Home-----

Now I'm home...JB. But, I don't really feel like I've returned. I am but a prisoner here waiting for the day I'm set free...

No comments: