New Year...

Sunny rays and windy breezes sweep across my face. Feeling all worries and apprehension fade away as I breathe in the cool salty air. Looking at my watch on the beach table to my right; time ticked by steadily - not fast enough to make you regret not enjoying every moment, but not slow enough to make you impatient.

In the distance, the sound of drums and merry singing seemed to beat a path to an unknown destination. Not too long ago, we were wishing each other a "Merry Christmas". Now, we'll be wishing each other a "Happy New Year" instead.

When I think about it, we will never be done wishing others in our lifetime. We have to wish teachers when we see them, may it be so simple as a "good morning, sir/ma'am". We will have to wish others at their weddings the wishing of "congratulations" or something else along those lines. And we too have to wish others at their funerals; sometimes in the form of "he/she will always be in our hearts", "he/she will not be forgotten" or even "you have our most sincere condolences".

That aside, I was brought back from my trance by the sounds of fireworks and my cellphone ringing. It was a message I'd received from...well, let's not talk about that.

The message wrote:

No comments: