Why...

It's 9.40 P.M. I awoke with a start. Looking to the window above my bed, I saw an eagle perched upon a tree trunk...probably wouldn't have stayed long anyway.

Just like how seasons change, people change, friends come and go...mostly go. For a moment, I wished to be like the eagle; not just wished, yearned...desired to be the eagle. To be able to spread my wings and soar with my head above the clouds; not a care in the world.

But alas, sadly I can't. With a sigh, I got up...well, that didn't sound as dramatic as I'd hope for. "What a mess!" I thought, looking around my room in disbelieve. It's amazing how chaos can reign over in just a matter of seconds. Flashes of that gay day passed around me.

If I could turn back time, I would...I will. She has no idea how much pain and misery it's caused me all this while.

God. If you do exist, why? Why make me suffer? Why condemn me to hell? I never asked for things to turn out the way it did. Perhaps you think that things are better this way...perhaps...perhaps.

Jolted from my anguished dreams, I was kneeling...holding the very one thing that reminded me that she actually existed...but never appreciated. Spots soon appeared on the photograph.

Compunction flooded me and numbed all senses...drowning me

No comments: