Princess and the Toad...

Have you ever had a dream about your future,
About the perfect girl you'd ask to be your wife,
To raise a family and cuddle with on the furniture,
To grow old and live with the rest of your life?

There's this girl that I just met.
It's crazy but she makes me forget
The choking sadness I've hid all this time
And makes me wanna paint her beauty in every rhyme.

She doesn't think she's hot
Nor does she know the hook she's got
On my heart and I pray not,
That she leaves me to rot.

Her eyes sing to me a song
Of love, once denied.
Though it may be long
I hope, from our love, she won't hide.

We share a common goal
Of one day having our own shoal.
Boys in the backyard playing ball
She'll teach our daughter to bake and all.

She's shown me that God has his plans,
And while I ain't one of his bigger fans,
I'm so grateful he's shown me this road.
For, in this fairytale, she my princess and I'm the toad.

No comments: