Debts...

Time makes fools of us,
Rushing for time in search of wealth.
If only I had taken the time to write a verse,
Remembering you in good health.

There are many that I am grateful for,
There are more of whom I adore.
Then there are those who walked out the door,
But such are memories from days of yore.

She who has shone so bright,
Illuminating mine endless night,
With love and care so warm, so kind.
I, in turn, was callous and blind.

I hope it's not too late.
Even though, my love, you are now dead,
I am thankful for all you've done and said;
For I understand now there's no escape from fate.

Hear now of a man I respect and fear,
He's my father and all that I hold dear.
He brought me up when my mother fled
And he forged me to be stronger than lead.

Listen then of my mother,
A lying bitch like no other.
She turned my heart to stone
When she fled while her debtors broke my every bone.

I thank God for the life I've lived,
Though there were many more miseries and sadness.
I am grateful for the life he breathed
And for letting me bask in His greatness.

For the company of people who accepts me,
For the teachers who have made me see,
For my enemies who have left me be,
I thank thee.

So you see, while debts like these cannot be paid
And words of anger cannot be unsaid.
Are you willing to help them accept their fate
Or will you leave them for dead.

No comments: