Moon...

When you look up to the sky tonight,
Can you see the moon so bright?
Does it bathe you in its light?
I imagine it would be a beautiful sight.

You need not have to show
Nor tell of your past
For it to know
Your pain so vast.

So sit by my side
As the moon smiles down on us
And I offer you my ears
Or capture you in a verse.
 
You hide your troubled soul
Hoping that I wouldn't see
Just how broken and cold
You can be.
 
You're looking for someone
Who can help you
Make peace with what's done,
And maybe, walk with you too.
 
You say you're alright alone;
That's all you'll let yourself show,
Because you're afraid they'll leave you
If and when they know.
 
Like I said, the moon sees it all,
From your pain to your fears.
So, don't be afraid should you fall
For I'll be there to wipe your tears.

I can't promise you an eternity,
But I can promise you my life,
If only to see life treats you with lenity
And to reduce your strife.

No comments: