Second Chance...



It’s not often that I find myself in love,
But this time it is true.
For every time we talk,
I feel myself falling even more for you.

I’m sure you’ve heard all the lines before,
About how pretty you are,
Or how much they truly adore you,
Or perhaps even compared you to a beautiful star.

I know not of what I can offer you,
Only to say that what I feel is true;
That maybe, just maybe, it’ll last your whole life through
And that you’ll have a life free of rue.

It’s not just the sweet sound of your voice
Or the way you smile;
But when you laugh in joy,
Oh, how you make it all worthwhile.

I haven’t had much luck this life
And though I’ve been through untold strife;
I’m still afraid I’ll scare you away
With the things I do or say.

Here’s to hoping you’ll take my hand,
Whisper to me that you understand,
That everything will be fine
And that you’ll be mine.

In return, I promise to stay
By your side, come what may,
To make you happy each and every day,
To never stray,
And to cherish you in every way.

No comments: