Your Heart...

I may not know the words to say
That will take your breath away,
Nor do I know what to do
To show you how I feel is true.

I may not know how to make it last
But you know of my chequered past.
Yet, you’re still here talking to me
That’s infinitely more than what I could foresee.

You’re looking for signs that this might be true;
That I truly do love you.
You don’t know if you’ll feel the same
And may think this is all just a game.

Verily, while you’ve been through hell
And there are some things that you can’t tell;
It isn’t because you don’t trust me well,
You wanna be sure that your heart has a place for me to dwell.

Nonetheless, I’m still here by your side
And by the laws of etiquette and courtesy shall I abide.
Far from wanting to be a bad dream or living nightmare,
You’re looking for someone with whom everything you’ll share.

I am not the sort to do the whole
“I will promise you everything” part
But, honey, I will not fold
For in this hand, I want to win your heart…

No comments: