Angel...

This is it, my dear,
The day that I have come to fear.
I suppose ours was the same,
The day you took my name.

Here we are,
Honey, she has come really far.
Oh, if only you could be here,
I wouldn't be the only one shedding a tear.

She misses you, you know,
Even though she doesn't let it show.
To be honest, I miss you too,
And not a day goes by that I don't, it's true.

Seemed like only yesterday,
She was attending her first day,
Of kindergarten and day care;
She was so afraid, she clung to me like a bear.

Then puberty struck;
Let me tell you, honey,
That period was no cake walk.
No pun intended, though it’s funny.

You’d have been so proud of her;
Valedictorian and prom queen,
Graduated Harvard and became a doctor.
Oh, honey, how happy you would’ve been.

So, I guess this is it, my dear,
The day has come, I fear.
As our little girl marries her true love,
I pray you continue watching over her from above.

No comments: