Defined Beauty...

Tell me your story,
I'll tell you mine.
Would you like a drink,
Perhaps some wine?

Get settled in,
Then we'll begin.
I see your sorrow and pain.
So, no need for you to refrain.

Your scars tell me all
That you're afraid to say.
I see a little girl inside
Who's been hurt in every way.

You cried out for help,
Nobody came.
You tried to hold it in,
Your wrists say you lost that game.

You laugh out loud,
You wear a perpetual smile.
Thinking you can fool any lout
Who comes within a mile.

Your mascara barely remained
When you drowned in tears.
You hesitate to go home,
You're paralysed by fear.

You stand small,
Scared of standing tall.
Wanting to be left alone,
Afraid of having a broken bone.

I see this, I see it all.
I see you waiting to fall.
For someone who will mend you,
Who will love you true.

Don't hide, don't be afraid.
You're beautiful as is.
Nothing comes close
To perfection like this.

No comments: