Death...

He died today.

I entered a room,
And no one would say.
What happened to whom,
And in what way.

Grief stricken people,
Greeted my sight.
Half eaten staple,
Left cold, by the side.

It seemed everyone was present.
From Emily to Dave,
To Lawrence and even Nickson.
The air was cold, as cold as grave.

Two brothers stood in a corner.
Whispered to each other in hushed tones.
About the last dinner,
And the end of poor Tom Jones.

An opened coffin laid ahead.
There she stood...and cried.
As the person she loved laid dead.
And a part of her died.

Rounding the coffin, I looked across.
She was still crying.
I felt her loss,
The loss of dying.

Cry not my lady,
For I shall always be,
With you for eternity,
Wishing that you'll stay happy.

I took one last sweeping glance at the room.
Sweeping over me,
Was a sudden surge of gloom,
For I shall be leaving thee.

Dust to dust and ashes to ashes.
Nobody knows what to say,
When life ends in minute flashes.
I died today...

No comments: