Time...

Dim flame flickers around a cozy room.
Casting shadows reminiscent of memories past.
Reminding me of how you chased away the gloom.
But never once did I make those fleeting moments last.

Watching those little shapes bring with them remorse.
Tears drip as I struggle to correct them...in vain.
Yet I try because I know how much pain I've caused.
I wish to take it all back and make you happy again.

You had to suffer because I was blinded by pettiness,
And for so long too.
You took it in your stride, even at the cost of your happiness.
You were there for me, in my despair and for that, I thank you.

I suppress the urge to turn back the hands of time.
To bring back our lost time together,
And to live my life again, just so you'd be mine.
Because in my dreams, it's only you and me, wherever.

What else can I do,
But write this down with hands shaken by rue.
Knowing that someone as special as you,
Deserves more than this; deserves someone true.

Know that it is you whom I love,
But didn't dare say it before.
Because you're special.
You're kind, patient and so much more.

Now the candle's dying and time's fading.
As the clock's hands trace my final hour,
I regret to leave you my dear.
But alas, God does not approve of our amour.

It is true, I owe you a debt of kind.
Dear friend of mine,
In death shall our love bind.
And I'll be your eternal valentine.

No comments: