Wishes...

Snow pats me on the back.
As I made my way,
Along the worn track,
I thought of words to say.

When I got there,
I looked for you,
But you were nowhere,
On that snowy avenue.

It was cold and I didn't feel too well.
Passing an old bistro, I looked in.
You seemed happy in there, I could tell.
Because I saw that you were laughing with him.

So I turned to walk away.
The snow turned into rain.
I'll be waiting for the day,
The end of this pain.

To him I shall say,
Take good care of her,
Cherish her in every way,
Never remind her of how we were.

For she loves you,
I know.
Whenever she's around you,
Her eyes start to glow.

I'll wish for her,
Happiness.
For his love to never veer,
And eternal bliss.

So, I bid you farewell,
Dear friend of mine.
In our memories I shall,
Remember you, my valentine.

Rain pats me on the back.
As I made my way,
Along the worn track,
I thought of her today.

No comments: