A Story...

What am I, if not only human?
Am I not allowed to have flaws?
Or are you perfect beyond reason,
That your words have become my laws?

I help others, not expecting anything.
Yet I am insulted and cast aside,
By the very people I am helping.
But, I just take it in my stride.

What can I do to please you, father?
To you, I'm just a damn failure, aren't I?
I am sorry, I've let you down, mother.
For while I lived, all you could do was sigh.

Could you fulfill my last wish, dear sir?
If you should see my true love,
Please tell her.
That I'll watch and wait for her in the sky above.

Lights go out and I am on my way,
To face judgment and to pay.
For all my past sins and so, in hell shall I stay.
I'm sorry, I can't stay any longer...I died today.
------------------------------------------------

Lucifer has seen me already.
Good news dear, I can be with you now.
For he damned me to roam for eternity.
So, I'll spend my days with you just like we knew how.

I sit and wait for her outside her home today.
People looked in my direction, but stared right through.
Then she came and saw me, not knowing what to say.
She was scared and that filled my heart with rue.

We tried to hug each other, but she passed through me.
Upon this, her eyes widen with both our fears.
It was like she couldn't touch me, but only see.
This made both our eyes well up with tears.

So, I'll let you go,
Let you have your happiness.
For it saddens me to see you suffer so.
I'll just keep wandering in loneliness.
------------------------------------------------

Time has passed and has relieved her of the past pain.
Now, she has a family of her own.
A husband who loves her with love that will never wane.
I am there, keeping her company, so that she's never alone.

Though age has claimed part of her beauty,
She looks just as radiant as the day we met.
And now, as she lays on a hospital bed, smiling sweetly.
She tries to comfort her children but her eyes were, oh so sad.
------------------------------------------------

Now I see the light,
It welcomes me with its alluring charms.
But I am still bounded by this weight,
By chains that Lucifer has tied around my arms.

So I'll bid you farewell, my dear.
Know that I did as I promised.
I took care of you, and warded off your fears.
But now, you've gone and you'll be missed.

I now roam the earth in solitude and in despair.
Hoping to spend another lifetime with someone like you.
But never will I find anyone as fair.
Nor will I find love that's true...

No comments: