Lethargy...

How many wishes are we allowed in this life?
If we could wish for time and wisdom,
Would there be wars and strife?
Or would we begin to embrace peace and freedom?

If men could see past their own pride,
Would we suffer this plight?
When we choose to fight for a side,
Would we still feel the same delight?

Someone once asked me, if love exists.
Guess what I told him, if you can.
Because towards love, we can't resist.
So, I told him if he found it, he should learn to bend.

To give and so you should receive.
For love works in mysterious ways.
So, have a clear heart and never deceive.
Then, and only then will you face happy days.

These days, I'm just wandering down an endless road.
One that has no end in sight nor resting place.
And every passing day, adds to my burdening load.
But I don't mind the weight, if just to be charmed by your grace.

Alas, those days are now my past.
How I wish to relive it over again.
And perhaps, just perhaps, make them last.
But all I can do is cry, in solitude, in pain...in this rain.

I long to say that I'm tired and cease to live.
But that would be admitting I'm a coward.
So I suffer, just as I did the day you chose to leave.
And try, in vain, to move forward.

In reality, we live in a cold, bleak world.
Its people would kill just to get ahead.
Also, in love and war, all is fair to get that ideal girl.
So, I'll just wait for the day that I lay dead.

Because of others' disdain,
I'm forced to accept the pain,
And keep quiet or be slain.
So, I'll just continue walking in the rain.

No comments: