The Letter...

Pardon me, I'm lost and need a listener.
Someone who can listen to me without judging.
You see, I have to send my girl this letter.
But, I don't know if I still got her loving.

I've let her down, I fear.
She's always loved me and held me dear.
Yet, I couldn't do anything to stop her leavin',
Leaving me with a heart a-breakin'.

For a while, I couldn't breathe.
It was like my world came crashing down.
I was numbed by pain and writhe,
No sound came, and I wore a frown.

I should have stopped her from leaving.
I should have treated her better before she left.
I was blind, not knowing she was suffering.
Perhaps she's better off now, without worry of death.

I wonder how she is now, if she's alright.
I'd tell her I'm fine.
If only I could see her tonight,
I'd hug her tight, kiss her and make her mine.

Though I try to move on, with another.
Somehow, the emptiness remains.
The closeness we had once, now grown further.
And now I'm left with this pain and tear stains.

She looks rather like her, the eyes especially.
She has her laugh, her smile, her scent.
I try to move on, but I don't know if I'll be hers entirely.
Tell me what Love is, should it hurt to this extent?

I've been so lonely for so long, and now she's in my life.
To mend my broken heart and accompany me.
Though I know not of the future or if she will be my wife,
I can only hope that forever in love we will be.

I feel so guilty trying to forget her.
Sigh, I don't know what to do.
Yet, I can't live without the other.
I am kept awake by rue.

You see, I've written a letter for my girl.
To ask for her to forgive me, in case she hasn't.
To tell her I love another girl.
But I can't seem to find the postbox to heaven.

No comments: