Maybes And Chances Gone By...

Ink smear as tears drip onto paper,
Leaving behind opportunities that would've been.
Casually discarding it into a shredder,
Removing all trace, preventing it from being seen...

Gone are the days when we would watch the sun rise.
Oh, how I long for them to return.
For me to be there sitting by your side in paradise,
And watch Nero play the fiddle while Rome would burn.

But, alas, only empty memories remain...
Of fires and treacherous rains.
Oh, we braved them all and fought the pain.
Now, we're over the ruins and pioneering plains.

Sometimes, in darkness, I cry myself to sleep.
Memories play in my head, of us...
I guess, our memories together are all I have left to keep.
Perhaps, perhaps...I'll paint them in every verse.

Rain's tapping on my window pane,
Telling me that heaven's cries will heal my pain.
So, I took a long walk in the heavy rain,
Hoping that it carries my tears to a nearby drain...

No comments: