Sigh...

I am resigned to my fate.
Lord, do with me as you please.
For I have suffered at your mercy, of late.
So, end it all already and grant me release.

I haven't been able to sleep lately.
Perhaps these nightmares are getting worse.
Or is it because I miss her so madly,
That I have been damned with this curse?

Let's face it, I've had happier days.
We've held hands and more than that.
But these days, I find myself counting the ways,
To letting you go; so you won't be sad.

I love her, truly.
She's perfect, to me.
Yet, no matter how I love her deeply,
Fate has decided that we're never to be...

If I let her go now,
She may still be able to find happiness.
Although I may never love again; never know how.
In my heart she will stay and I will live in sadness.

Sigh, you'd be better off with someone who can give you more.
Though I really don't want to do this,
I have no choice, but to admire you from the shore.
As you journey with him to eternal bliss...

No comments: