Do You Remember...

Do you remember
The time we spent together.
Writing our hopes of tomorrow,
Laughing and forgetting our sorrow.

Where have those days gone;
The days of yore, once upon a dawn.
Oh, what I would give to have you back,
To be with you in my lap as we laze on life's lawn.

Thousands of wishes beget a thousand more
When all they may bring is but heartache galore.
Yet, what I'd give to see you again, to feel and adore;
To have the love that we had before.

We once talked of our future and how it would be
To live in a cottage with four kids down by the sea.
They would play in the yard by the old oak tree
While we spent time together drinking tea, just you and me.

Then came December,
The day God stroked your last dying ember.
Before you left for eternal slumber,
You asked me - "Do you remember"...

No comments: